Monday, October 14, 2013

A Lesbian Wedding -The Triumphs, Trials and Tears (Part 3)

This post is completely full of triumphs!  We've had several triumphs lately (which is infinitely better than tears or even the trials lol).  Here's what we've come up with:

Triumph #5 - We were chatting and Wendy told me that she was going to walk down the aisle to her music and then wait at the end for me (this had been one of my earlier dilemmas so yay! one more question answered!)

Triumph #6 - Wendy was talking to a friend who told her about a venue that would be absolutely perfect for us!  Apparently, there is a great big barn in the area that you can rent out for events.  This barn sits in a campground.  The reason that this is so perfect is because 1) we're rednecks and 2) most of my family will be coming from out of town so they'll have a reasonably-priced place to stay!  And, as a bonus, they already have the tables and chairs and it's completely lit up with fairy lights.

Triumph #7 - I had recently pinned an invitation that I loved but, being very country, it wasn't very appropriate with our (previous) venue.  Well guess what!  It's perfect for a barn wedding!!
Triumph #8 - The barn venue makes a whole lot of other decisions a heck of a lot easier.  We can all wear our cowboy boots; Wendy can wear a nice pair of Levi's with a dress shirt and vest; being relatively casual is perfect for us - with clothes and decorations; we'll have several country line dances, one of which will be videotaped on YouTube and sent to everyone attending so that they can learn it for the reception; I found an amazing dress that I'm just going to have to replicate because it is beyond amazing!!
This dress just makes me giddy.  Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment