Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Lesbian Wedding -The Triumphs, Trials and Tears (Part 2)


I can't wait!

Triumph #2 (for the most part) - I told the kids.  As expected, my daughter and daughter-in-law were excited and couldn't wait to start planning;  also as expected, my son was somewhat noncommittal.  Unfortunately, he's had a much harder time dealing with my sexuality (but, in his defense, I'd lived a lie for most of his life; he's been much better about it since I've been with Wen but doesn't like to talk about it much).  When I questioned him about it, his response was "I don't know...Mom, I don't know" but he went on to say that he hated being in anyone's wedding (which I know to be true from past experiences).  Lucky for him, he still has almost two years to come completely to terms with it lol.

Party! - Together or separate?
Trial #3 - What are we supposed to do about the night-before festivities?  Do we each have our own bachelorette party?  Do we have a combined one with all of our friends and family?  Do we split up for a little while only to meet up for one big party?  I consider her friends and family to be my own and she feels the same for mine.  This is one we'll have to sit down and chat about.  My gut instinct is to have part together and part separately....but again, I kinda want to be with everyone while we celebrate. I think it might be fun to have a HUGE blow-out with all of us there. Besides, it's not like either of us would be out to sow any wild oats (at least she'd better not; I'll cut a bitch) (yes, I realize that sounds terrible, but it's actually just an inside joke with all of us so please don't worry....the knife will stay put away lol)
Ergh

Trial #4 - Money.  She makes a whole lot of it; I make a little tiny bit of it.  Somehow, though, I have to figure out where I can cut my monthly budget so that I can contribute to the wedding fund.  The one thing that I really have to offer here is the fact that I LOVE diy-ing it, and I want to do much of the decorations, cooking, etc. myself (and with friends and family).
(we'll probably opt for clothing for our wedding prep)

Triumph #4 - Friends/Family.  We have a lot of crafty and loving friends/family that will be not only willing but also excited to help me with all of the prep.  It is seriously one thing that I'm absolutely ecstatic about....just the thought of a bunch of us hanging out, getting things ready for my wedding makes me giddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment